Wednesday, January 21, 2009

more cards

I was going to post this yesterday, however, I sat down on the couch in front of the tv to fold some clothes. I got hooked on watching history be made. The whole inagural process was fascinating.
Ok here are some more cards I made for some design team tryouts. These are some that I am not submitting. Since I am new to the world of submitting, I am not sure of the proper protocol so I am sitting on the ones I am submitting until everything is said and done. Unless of course the instructions say to post what you've done on your blog. I am rambling again. Back to business.
This one is for cardpatterns.blogspot.com. Check the blog for the sketch. I haven't learned how to link from my blog to theirs yet.
Ok, the story behind this one. Laura came into my room and said" Whatcha doing momma?" So I showed her what I was working on. She looked at the sketch and said " It looks like a snowman when you turn it like this." So I turned the sketch on it's side and here's the results:

Recipe:
paper - whisper white, riding hood red, pink pirouette (SU!)
stamps - All Decked Out (CTMH), misc dollar stamps that have no name on them
ink - riding hood red

This next one is based on the same sketch. I have a love for snoopy. You will see him pop up from time to time here. He is just the coolest. Once I turned this sketch on it's side, it was the only way I could seem to use it. Whatever works I guess.

recipe:
paper - whisper white (SU!), everything else is from my scrap bin
ink - basic black (SU!)
stamp - snoopy walking (Stampabilities)

This next one was for a challenge at caardvarks. The next challenge is polka dots. Maybe I'll make it on time for that one. I've been sitting on this for a week and just haven't sat down at the puter to enter. Oh well better luck next time.

recipe:
paper - old olive, summer picnic (SU!)
ink - pure red, evergreen (zig)
stamps - tart n tangy, jumbo outline (SU!)

My Sketch World is looking for new designers too. They want both cardmakers and scrapbookers. I thought I'd start with the card sketch. Here's one I'm not submitting.

recipe:
paper - black tie optional (imaginisce), whisper white (SU!)
misc - felt flowers (american crafts), garnet glitter (martha stewart), chipboard from my stash
Well I think that's all I have for today.
Later Tater,
A


No comments: