Wednesday, October 15, 2008

This week's project

Here's one of my projects this week. The finish on our coffee table was badly damaged. It has been the spot where the kids play. There have been many car races on this table. There was also a big gash that appeared after our last move. At least I think that's when it appeared. The finish had been worn completely down to the bare wood around the edges. My mom made the comment "That happens when you put your feet on the table." I quickly straightened her out and reminded her that it was where the boys play and it was more than likely from their arms when they play. She responded "Oh, I bet you're right. I hadn't thought of that." Anyway that was probably too much info. This first pic is after I had removed the finish and was ready to apply stain. That was Monday's project. It rained Tuesday, so we did not get to go outside to work. Today, we applied stain this morning. That is the second pic. I'll start on the sealer tomorrow. I'll try to post pics after that too.

No comments: